S. cerevisae 2-hybrid AR library

jie li li_je at mscf.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:51:54 EST 1995

hi,
    I am looking for interactive proteins of a S. cerevisae gene.  The
method naturally came to my mind is of course 2-hybrid screening.
    But i was warned that a lot of false positives are going to arise
because the library is going to interact extensively with the endogenous
yeast proteins.  For this same reason, there are not as many ready made S.
cerevisae 2-hybrid AR libraries available.
    So my question is
1)  Has anyone worked with these libraries before?
2)  Did you get a lot of false positives?
3)  If these libraries are available, where can I get them?
                                                                  jie li