His-tag purification of multi-subunit protein

Arle Kruckeberg arle at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 12:34:59 EST 1995

In article <v02110120ac6b9df19eaa@[129.133.20.193]>
mmcalear at MAIL.WESLEYAN.EDU (Michael McAlear) writes:

>         Also, are there anti- 6 x His antibodies out there, and if so, how
> good are they?

SantaCruz Biotech has a couple of anti hexahis antibodies; we have used
their His-probe G18 affinity-purified rabbit polyclonal against a few
his-tagged proteins and it works OK. There is also one described from
Cappel in an article on purification of his-tagged rhodopsin (JBC 270:
11222).

Arle

ps I have no affiliation with these companies.
a.k.a. Dr. Arthur L. Kruckeberg
University of Leeds        phone  +44 +113 2333172
Leeds LS2 9JT              FAX    +44 +113 2333167
Great Britain              arle at biovax.leeds.ac.uk