GFP in yeast

Michael Moser moser at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Sep 6 11:53:08 EST 1995

On 1 Sep 1995, Hannes Klump wrote:

> Has anyone of you tried to express fusion proteins containing the
> jellyfish green fluoreszent protein in yeast?

Yes we have! There was a discussion of this topic some months ago.  You
should try searching the yeast biosci archives for more info.  I think Tim
Stearns has a review out on GFP as well.

> If yes, how good can one locate a protein in the cell with this system?

In our hands, sub-cellular localization seems to work well.

Good luck,
Mike Moser                                             Tel: 206-543-5354
UW Department of Biochemistry                          FAX: 206-685-1792
Box 357350                                        moser at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195-7350                     Make peace my beast is yeast