purify membrane protein

Arle Kruckeberg arle at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 07:15:47 EST 1995

In article <42m9qa$ap8 at josie.abo.fi>
Tuomo Glumoff <tglumoff at btk.utu.fi> writes:

> Could someone point me to (good) reference(s) on purifying
> (overexpressed) integral membrane protein from yeast, if any.
>
> Thanks!
>
> tglumoff at btk.utu.fi

You might want to look at these for a start:

 Stolz, J., R. Stadler, M. Opekarova, and N. Sauer. 1994. Functional
reconstitution of the solubilized arabidopsis-thaliana stp1
monosaccharide-h+ symporter in lipid vesicles and purification of the
histidine tagged protein from transgenic Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Plant Journal 6:225-233.

 Serrano, R. 1988. H+-ATPase from plasma membranes of Saccharomyces
cerevisiae and Avena sativa roots: purification and reconstitution, pp.
533-544. In Methods in Enzymology. Biomembranes Part Q: ATP-Driven
Pumps and Related Transport: Calcium, Proton and Potassium Pumps. S.
Fleischer and B. Fleischer, eds. Academic Press, Inc., San Diego.

 Goffeau, A., and J.-P. Dufour. 1988. Plasma membrane ATPase from the
yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Meth. Enzymol. 157:528-533.

Good Luck!

Arle
a.k.a. Dr. Arthur L. Kruckeberg
University of Leeds        phone  +44 +113 2333172
Leeds LS2 9JT              FAX    +44 +113 2333167
Great Britain              arle at biovax.leeds.ac.uk