expression of selenoproteins in Pichia pastoris

Patrick Moriarty PMM5 at psuvm.psu.edu
Thu Sep 14 10:25:03 EST 1995

 Hello-For some time I have been tryng to express the mammalian selenoprotein
 glutathione peroxidase in a number of expression systems including E.coli, bac
ulovirus and now yeast Pichia, with little success I might add.  What I need is
 an expression system that will express ug to mg quantities of this enzyme for
kinetic studies. Has anyone successfully expressed selenoprotein(s) in yeast or
 other system and what is the sectret to your success.

 Any information in this subject area would be greatly appreciated !!

                                                    Thanks,Patrick Moriarty