b-Gal assay / yeast

M. Deshpande mdeshpan at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Fri Sep 15 16:21:37 EST 1995

There are various agents which can be used for permeabilization of yeasts
eg. toluene, ethanol, Triton x-100 and CTAB. If you need specific
references I can pull them from my files. While working on b-gal from A.
pullulans we compared different agents but have some references where
people have compared them using K. fragilis

Milind Deshpande
Univ of Iowa
319-335-4908
FAX 319-335-4901