elec. transfer of DNA from yeast to E. coli

Chester Cooper chester.cooper at utmb.edu
Wed Sep 20 12:44:36 EST 1995

Re: Claus' recent message:

>Hello netters,
>   I use the plasmid isolation with glass beads and the transformation by
>electroporation protocols cited in "Cunts protocols in molecular genetics"
>(Ausubel et al 1991). They use to work well. If you don't get transformants
>try to isolate the plasmids with a better protocol (maybe the plasmids have to
>be cleaner). For this I sugest Holm et al (1986) Gene, 42: 169-173.
>  I hope it works.
>                          Claus

So Claus, exactly which adult book store carries Aususbel et al's book and
where is it located.  We are all anxious to get a copy of it.

Chet Cooper                              Facsimile:    (409) 747-2437
Department of Pathology                  Office:       (409) 747-2438
University of Texas Medical Branch       Laboratory:   (409) 747-2439
301 University Boulevard                 Admin. Asst.: (409) 747-0604
Galveston, Texas 77555-0609              E-Mail: CRCOOPER at beach.utmb.edu