2-hybrid system false positives

Michael Kyba kyba at bcu.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 21 22:43:05 EST 1995

I have recently done a 2-hybrid screen and obtained several very
curious false positives:  They activate transcription in the
absence of the bait construct.  I have been toying with the idea
of investigating this spurious activation, and since I have nothing
better to do (except write my thesis) I'm sniffing around for
some help.  I'm looking for more false positives of this type from
any type of library - if anyone has such, or knows of someone who
does, please let me know at kyba at bcu.ubc.ca  I would be very happy
to take them off your hands, and perhaps do something useful with
them.

Michael Kyba