expression in yeast

Sandy Berry-Lowe slblowe at ALF.UCCS.EDU
Fri Apr 5 16:18:48 EST 1996

Dear yeasties, I want to express a plant protein in yeast.I have been
given a cassette with a constitutive promoter (GAPdH) on it. Is this
a good choice, or is an inducible promoter better. Can someone suggest
the appropriate shuttle vector and strain(s)-and a different cassette,
if recommended? I would like to get them from someone that is using
them and is sure of them and hopefully, free of charge. I'd
appreciate any comments from any of you about yeast and/or this procedure.
Please reply to me directly at slblowe at alf.uccs.edu Thanks, SandyBerry-Lowe