Schizosaccaromyces pombe?

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Thu Apr 11 17:25:11 EST 1996

Richard Ransom wrote:

> I am interested in obtaining a strain of S. pombe for use in studies
> concerning histone acetylation.  Does anyone have a strain available
> that they might be interested in sending?  I'm also interested in
> any available mutants in the histone genes, particularly those which
> would modify the acetylatable lysines or truncate the amino terminal
> regions of the core histones (I know these strains are available for
> S. cervisiae, but a lit. search suggests that there aren't any  for
> S. pombe).

The pombe histone genes are cloned, but I don't know offhand about the
mutants that may have been constructed.

What sort of strain do you want?  Do you need markers in it?  Email
me with your requirements and we can send you something appropriate...
or possibly direct you to someone local who might help.

susan
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/