Found a cool cloning/primer program

Preston Garrison garrisonp at uthscsa.edu
Fri Apr 12 17:17:35 EST 1996

In Article <199604120710.AAA44590 at rho.ben2.ucla.edu>,
paulm at MICROBIO.LIFESCI.UCLA.EDU (Paul Morcos) wrote:
>Hi all, I don't post often, however, a few months ago I posted a message
>looking for a good cloning/primer package for Windows.  The only responses I
>got were "If you find one...let me know".
>Well, I have found a great program that seems powerful, USEFUL, and less
>than half the price of what's out there.
>One of the coolest things about the program is that I had it make PCR
>primers for me, and then I was able to save the PCR product and load it as a
>molecule graphic!  The entire program is integrated...you can jump from one
>tool to another without closing any of them!  Unfortunately there is a
>restriction in the evaluation copy...you can load any size molecule, but you
>can only work with molecules of around 3000 bases or less..damn!  Anyway it
>seem worth a good lookthrough.
>                            you can thank me if you like it!
>
>                                   P.M. post-doc
>                                      U.C.L.A.

As noted by Greg Quinn in bionet.software recently in response to postings
about Cloneworks:

"A 'whois' Internic database search shows that the contact (ie 'owner')
of the the internet domain 'Cloneworks.com' is a Dr. Paul Morcos."

Caveat lector. (Let the reader beware.)

Preston Garrison
garrisonp at uthscsa.edu
Biochem. Dept.