Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell wall

Chong Jue Lipke at genectr.hunter.cuny.edu
Wed Apr 17 16:21:43 EST 1996

kzagar at aol.com (KZAGAR) wrote:
>Hi
>I am trying to find some basic info on the structure of the cell wall of
>Sacc. cerevisiae. Mainly how laminarin, mannin, etc work in the cell wall
>Any info would be great
>Thanks
>Kathy Zagaroli

Kathy,
2 recent review articles that come to my mind are:

V. Cid et. al "Molecular Basis of Cell Integrity and Morphogenesis in S.
cerevisiae"  Microbiological Reviews, Sept 1995, 59:p345-386.

F. Klis "Cell Wall assembly in yeast" Yeast (1994) 10:851-869.

                                                    Sincerely,
                                                    Chong

Chong K. Jue
Dept of Biological Sciences