Strain Pb, Uracile requirement

Guillaume Stahl stahl at
Mon Apr 22 09:30:54 EST 1996

Hi Yeastnetters,

Perhaps someone may help me : I'm working with an unknown yeast
strain, which name is YBAM2 5A, and I think is from a YPH250 strain.
This strain requires more uracile in minimal medium to grow (around 5
times ?). Usual concentration used in the lab is 4 mg/100ml. Cells
stop growing around 0.2 OD600 in those conditions. Does anyones has
ever observed this, and may recommend me specific media to use with
this strain.
Guillaume Stahl                            Tel.    (33 1) 69 41 72 64
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie     Fax.    (33 1) 69 41 72 96
batiment 400, Universite Paris-Sud         e-mail stahl at
F-91405 Orsay Cedex, France