seeking immunofluorescence technique

Mike Rout rout at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Mon Apr 22 18:42:44 EST 1996

In article <debbritt-190496155358 at cis-ts4-slip3.cis.brown.edu>,
debbritt at brownvm.brown.edu (Deb Britt) wrote:

> I'm looking for a technique to perform indirect immunofluorescence to
> detect production of a particular protein in yeast cells.  I did find some
> references through a medline search, but I would be interested in hearing
> some recommendations from people as to what protocols they use to get
> reliable results.  You can post or email me directly.  Thanks!
>
> Deb
>
> --
> Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
> Medical Oncology
> RI Hospital/Brown University

Try some of the very reliable techniques used by John Kilmartin, e.g. in

 Kilmartin JV.  Adams AE.

    Structural rearrangements of tubulin and actin during the cell cycle of
    the yeast Saccharomyces.

    Journal of Cell Biology.  98(3):922-33, 1984

or

 Kilmartin JV.  Dyos SL.  Kershaw D.  Finch JT.

    A spacer protein in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae spindle poly body whose
    transcript is cell cycle-regulated.

    Journal of Cell Biology.  123(5):1175-84, 1993

Hope this helps

Mike.

--
Mike Rout                            212 327-8098 (lab)
Laboratory of Cell Biology           212 327-8660 (fax)