Complete DNA sequence of the Yeast genome available NOW!!!

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at
Wed Apr 24 13:39:57 EST 1996

> In article <4lleod$m50 at> "KARL KLEINE <KLEINE at MIPS.EMBNET.ORG>" <KLEINE at> writes:
> >   The complete sequence of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain S288C
> >   has been determined in an international collaboration of more than 100
> >   laboratories.

I think a huge "Congratulations!" is owed to everyone
who has contributed to this impressive accomplishment.
It has also been a good example of international collaboration.
What a tremendous resource.  Well done, everyone!

susan_forsburg at