seeking immunofluorescence technique

Sepp D. Kohlwein kohlwein at ftugax.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Apr 24 09:10:05 EST 1996

debbritt at brownvm.brown.edu (Deb Britt) wrote:
>I'm looking for a technique to perform indirect immunofluorescence to
>detect production of a particular protein in yeast cells.  I did find some
>references through a medline search, but I would be interested in hearing
>some recommendations from people as to what protocols they use to get
>reliable results.  You can post or email me directly.  Thanks!
>
>Deb
>
>--
>Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
>Medical Oncology
>RI Hospital/Brown University

Dear Deborah,
I just came across two new references published in Yeast Protocols (Series: Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol 53 (1996), 383-390 and 391-405) by J.Hasek and E.Streiblova. I did some confocal microscopy with Jirka Hasek and his immuno-flumi preps were outstanding !

Sepp D. Kohlwein

Sepp D. Kohlwein, PhD
Genetics and Molecular Biology Group
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry
Technical University Graz                   phone:  ++43 (316) 873-6456
Petersgasse 12                              fax:    ++43 (316) 873-6952
A 8010 Graz, Austria               e-mail kohlwein at ftugax.tu-graz.ac.at