Blast database for S.cerevisiae sequences at NCBI

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Tue Aug 6 00:56:44 EST 1996

I just wanted to let our NCBI BLAST users know that we now have set up
a blastable Saccharomyces cerevisiae databases on our various blast
server at NCBI.

This is true for the e-mail server (blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov), the
network clients and the www-blast page, at this URL:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/

In these databases we have a single copy of each DNA sequences from the
genomic sequencing effort (3260 nucleotide records) and a single copy
of each annotated protein sequence (6141 sequences) from the
Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome.

All programs from the blast suite are available for these searches
(blastn, blastp, blastx, tblastn and tblastx).

Let us know if you have any questions about these new databases.

All the best,

francis

(see you in Madison)