yeast database for BLAST

Mike Cherry cherry at fafner.Stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 13 13:17:42 EST 1996

In article <PMR.96Aug13172340 at>,
Peter Rice <pmr at> wrote:
>Does anyone yet have the official predicted proteins for the completed
>yeast genome available?
>It seems such a shame to search the complete chromosome sequences
>(translated) all the time to look for homologues.
>If they are not out yet, when are they expected?

We are preparing a dataset of all the ORF translations.  It should be
on our ftp site and BLAST & FASTA search pages later this week or next
week at the latest.  We will also have a DNA dataset of coding regions
and one with non-coding regions.

J. Michael Cherry                       Internet: cherry at
Department of Genetics                  Stanford University School of Medicine
Medical Center, Room M311               Stanford, California  94305-5120
Voice: 415-723-7541                     FAX: 415-723-7016

    Address for the Saccharomyces Genome Database Project (SGD)
             e-mail:    yeast-curator at
          Telephone:    415-725-8956
                FAX:    415-723-7016