yeast database for BLAST

Peter Rice pmr at
Tue Aug 13 11:23:40 EST 1996

In article <199608121246.IAA11283 at> francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV writes:
>   Last week in Madison, a few people told me that it would be convenient
>   for them if the new blastable Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast) data
>   files (in FASTA format) where available for FTP so they could run them
>   locally.

Does anyone yet have the official predicted proteins for the completed
yeast genome available?

It seems such a shame to search the complete chromosome sequences
(translated) all the time to look for homologues.

If they are not out yet, when are they expected?

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division,
E-mail: pmr at             | The Sanger Centre,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA,