PomBase - new release and WWW interface

S L Forsburg forsburg at salk.edu
Thu Aug 15 14:31:37 EST 1996

Yeast Group wrote:

> *************************** PomBase ***************************
> ************* A Schizosaccharomyces pombe database ************
>
> A WWW text interface to PomBase is up and running at
>
> http://www.sanger.ac.uk/yeast/pombe.html

This is excellent news, especially for those of us who don't have
unix workstations.  At the Madison meeting pombe workshop, we heard
very encouraging news from Paul Young about the rate of sequencing
of pombe.  We also found that a number of people are working on, or
know of, genes with no obvious homology to anything in cerevisiae.
I look forward to the comparative genomics that completion of the
pombe genome will allow.  One yeast good, two yeast better!

:-)

susan

--
Susan L Forsburg PhD