Biospec Mini Bead Beater8

Corey Davis cdavis at watson.princeton.edu
Sun Dec 1 12:12:32 EST 1996

Namjin,
   Our lab bought a minibeadbeater 8 back in August and have been very
satisfied with it.  It is MUCH more efficient than a vortex, however it is
very loud, and does generate some heat.  Most of the heat is shielded from
the samples by the casing of the drive mechanism.  We keep and use ours in
the cold room to cut down on noise pollution and heat production.  One
post-doc in the lab has used it to produce functional yeast kinase to do
enzyme assays, and has had no problems.   As far as I know there is only
one company that makes them and that is Biospec that you mentioned.  Their
address and phone number is:
                                    Biospec Products
                                    PO Box 722
                                    Bartlesville, OK 74005