problems with two-hybrid

ZX xuez at
Tue Dec 3 10:32:50 EST 1996

I have been screening a cDNA library for interacting proteins using
GAL4 system. So far I have found 10 yeast clones containing potentiall
interactor coding plasmids as they all go blue in the lacZ assay and
also grow
very well on minus histidin plates. Four of them contained no cDNA
the other 6 did not go blue nor grow on minus histidin after
into the same yeast strain. Can anybody help me with an explanation? I
some clones either going blue or growing on minus histidin but I never
investigated those further. Is it possible or rather likely that one
false-positives for both the reportert genes? I would be very grateful
in case
somebody comes up with similiar experience or advice.

Thanks for now.    inge

When you get the plasmid out, how many E. coli transformants did you
get? and how many you tested?  Sometimes there are multiple types of
GAD plasmids in a yeast colony, and may be you should double check.

Zhixiong Xue
DuPont Central Research