5-FOA selection

Jean-Marc Ladrière jml at biocell.fundp.ac.be
Tue Dec 3 12:32:11 EST 1996

I have made a disruption with URA3 and now I would like to replace the
URA3 gene by a reporter gene at the locus of the gene I have disrupted. I
want to use 5-FOA to select the clones after the transformation but I need
advices on the concentration of 5-FOA to use and especially on the way to
perform the transformation: should I grow my clones under non-selective
conditions (and for what time) before plating them on the selective
medium?
Thank you for your answers.

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Ladriere

"Qu'est-ce qu'un fat sans sa fatuite? Otez les ailes a un papillon, c'est une chenille!"
"What is a vain person without its vanity? Remove the wings of a butterfly and it's a caterpillar!"
                                                 Chamfort