PCR using Yeast colonies-info wanted

Atsushi Isoai, Ph.D. aisoai at agc.co.jp
Tue Dec 3 21:30:50 EST 1996

In article <stebbin1.1199080311B at nntp.msu.edu>, stebbin1 at student.msu.edu
(John Stebbins) wrote:

>I am going to try to pcr a fragment out of yeast genomic DNA.  I seem to
>remember a post that descibed adding some yeast straight from a plate
into
>the reaction and letting the 95degrees lyse it.  Anyone know the details
of
>this and how well it works?
>
>Thanks...John Stebbins

Hi, John.
Please try "http://flosun.salk.edu/users/forsburg/pcr.html".
The title of this page is;
[ Colony PCR for discrimination between homologous
and nonhomologous integration of markers in S. pombe ]
In this page, the author says "Do not boil the (cell)
suspensions! (befor pcr) " (^_^). I believe it's useful
for you.
BTW I also have web-space at;
http://www.yk.rim.or.jp/~aisoai/spom.html
In this site I collect several "yeast" sites, offering
many useful information including experimental protocols
using yeast. Please try it too !
Bye

Atsushi Isoai, Ph.D., <aisoai at agc.co.jp>
Senior Staff Researcher, Research Center, Asahi Glass Co.LTD.
Hazawa 1150, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama 221, JAPAN
URL | http://www.yk.rim.or.jp/~aisoai/index.html