FK506 calcineurin inhibitor and yeast

Ed Davis davise at ncifcrf.gov
Thu Dec 5 21:39:47 EST 1996

On Thu, 05 Dec 1996 16:56:20 -0400,
Van Wuytswinkel Olivier   <vanwuyts at chem.vu.nl> wrote:

>Hi everybody !
>
>Well, I have got a little problem to find a company that sells the FK506
>calcineurin inhibitor. I want to use it on yeast cells. I know that this
>chemical is also used in medecine in connection with organ
>transplantation. So I guess that I could find a pharmaceutical company
>that produce FK506 to order it, but no way.
>Does anybody can help me?
>
>Maybe do you know the name of another chemical that inhibits calcineurin
>and that can be easily ordered.
>
>Thank you for your help.

Another organ transplantation agent, cyclosporin A (CsA), inhibits
calcineurin in the same fashion as does FK506 (Liu, J., et. al.
1991.  Calcineurin is a common target of cyclophilin-cyclosporin A
and FKBP-FK506 complexes.  Cell 66, 807-815)  Sandoz makes CsA, so you
should start with them.  Or you could try bugging research labs who
work with either FK or CsA.

Ed Davis, Ph.D., B.A., M.Phil, H.S., K.9., *.69., D.dt., M.Sg.

ABL-Basic Research Program
NCI-FCRDC
P.O Box B
Frederick, MD 21702-1201