Yeast courses

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Mon Dec 9 18:42:41 EST 1996

> From brackena at tcd.ie Mon Dec  9 18:17:19 1996

> Can anybody tell me ASAP of a yeast genetics course. Could you E-maiul me
> at brackena at tcd.ie. Thankyou.

If you mean the CSHL course, check out:

http://www.cshl.org/meetings/97c_yeas.htm

for registration info etc ...
Below is the class description.

cheers.

f.

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
| GenBank Coordinator
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

 PS I have no affiliation to CSHL except for being a reader
    and an author

PPS (from the yeast e-mail directory I maintain)

    Alison's e-mail is: ADAMS%BIOTEC at ARIZONA.EDU
       Dan's e-mail is: DGOTTSCH at FHCRC.ORG
       Tim's e-mail is: STEARNS at LELAND.STANFORD.EDU

YEAST GENETICS

July 23 - August 12, 1997

Alison Adams, Univerisity of Arizona
Daniel Gottschling, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Timothy Stearns, Stanford University

APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 1997

The major laboratory techniques used in the genetic analysis of yeast
will be studied, including the isolation and characterization of
mutants, tetrad analysis, complementation, and mitotic recombination.
Micromanipulation used in tetrad analysis will be carried out by all
students.  Molecular genetic techniques, including yeast
transformation, gene replacement, analysis of gene fusions, and
generation of mutations in cloned genes, will be studied. Indirect
immunofluorescence experiments will be done to identify the nucleus,
microtubules, and other cellular components.  Lectures on fundamental
aspects of yeast genetics will be presented along with seminars given
by outside speakers on topics of current interest.