How to start ???

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Dec 24 13:40:43 EST 1996

In article <32BA4F3D.352 at urz.uni-heidelberg.de>,
rico.laage at urz.uni-heidelberg.de wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>  we want to start to work with yeast, and are looking for a good method
> book, any interesting web-sites about yeast or FAQ- lists....
>  any information is welcome
> thanx
>
> Rico
>
> --

>  Rico Laage
>  Neurobiology                                Voice  +49 (6221)54-4863
>  Uni Heidelberg                             Fax
> 54-4496
>  Im Neuenheimer Feld

345

Germany

>  World-Wide-Web:
>  http://server.nbio.uni-heidelberg.de/Neurobiology.html

Dear Rico,
I'm another novice in yeast research area, too.  For beginners' guide, try
'Guide to Yeast Genetics and Molecular Biology, Guthrie and Fink (Academic
Press).' I (and I guess many others too) found it very useful in many
aspects, especially when I start new stuffs.

For a starting point for a gene [product], check out Yeast Proteome Home
Page (http://www.proteome.com/YPDhome.html). It has search interface which
could lead to a web page containing summarized, known facts about a gene,
and which also leads to Entrez medline.

Hope this helps,