Neo resistant yeast expression plasmid

Scott Vande Pol sbv at pop.cwru.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:05:01 EST 1996

Greetings
	  I know that the yeast I use are sensitive to G418, and that the neomycin
resistance gene will confer resistance.  Has anyone out there made a yeast
episomal plasmid that can be selected with G418 that they would be willing
to send me?? I am trying to express from another plasmid in my favorite
yeast strain but I have run out of selectable markers.  I put the mammalian
pSV2neo gene into a 2u plamid but it did not work.  Presumably, expression
was too poor to get resistance.  Has anyone made something that works?

--
Scott Vande Pol
Case Western Reserve University
sbv at pop.cwru.edu