Frozen competent YRG-2 cells made by Stratagene

C Monfries cmonfrie at ion.bpmf.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 15:30:56 EST 1996

Is there anyone out there who knows what method Stratagene are using to
make their YRG-2 frozen competent cells? I am using these cells at the
moment in the two-hybrid system but would like to be able to transfect my
own clones with the cDNA library - i.e., screen sequentially.
It seems likely that the method uses 2-mercaptoetanol or DTT with
Sorbitol added to the media and plates to increase cell viability. The
only method I have found so far is that of Brzobohaty & Kovac (1986).
Have there been any modifications or improvements since then?

Thanks in advance,
Clinton.