Frozen competent YRG-2 cells made by Stratagene

Rich Buckholz RGB12955 at glaxo.com
Fri Feb 16 10:00:22 EST 1996

I don't know the protocol Stratagene is using, but there is a commercial
kit for making frozen competent cells, sold by Zymo Research in CA.  I
don't work for them or have anything to do with the company, but have used
the kit and find it works pretty well and is not too expensive (I figured
it out one day and I think one $60 kit is enough to do about 600
transformations, theoretically).  I don't believe the efficiency is quite
as high as for LiAc, but it doesn't require any carrier DNA or heat shock
steps.  Their phone is 714-288-9682 and email is zymo at kaiwan.com.

Rich