Postdoctoral positions EC

mager at chem.vu.nl mager at chem.vu.nl
Tue Feb 20 11:47:59 EST 1996

Dear netters,
The European Commission has favourably selected our proposal for a research
network: Response of Yeast and Plant Cells to Changes in External
Osmolarities. Therefore, we expect to start soon recruiting for
postdoctoral fellows (m/f) interested to participate in this TMR (Training
and Mobility of Researchers)-network programme.
The programme is aimed at extending the fundamental knowledge about the
molecular mechanisms by which eukaryotic cells, in particular yeast and
plant cells, manage to cope with changes in external osmolarities. The
network is set up as a matrix of joint research projects which offers
unique training facilities to young researchers. The partner groups are:
Mager (Amsterdam), Ruis (Vienna), Serrano (Valencia), Hohmann/Thevelein
(Leuven), Adler (Gothenburg), Verbruggen (Gent), De Boer (Amsterdam),
Hirt/Heberle-Bors (Vienna).
In principle 8 postdoctoral positions are available for 3 years, preferably
not to be fulfilled for the whole period at the same lab. Applicants should
have experience in molecular biology and should be a national of a member
state of the European Community. Appointment in the home country is
excluded.
Persons satisfying the conditions mentioned above are invited to contact
the coordinator:
dr Pim Mager
Biocentrum Amsterdam
Vrije Universiteit