Cotton Underwear?

Christine A Zurawski czuraws at
Wed Feb 21 21:41:01 EST 1996

Keith Shaffer (shaffer) wrote:
: Most women's health experts recommend wearing cotton underwear as a way
: of preventing yeast infections. The idea, as I understand it, is that
: yeast grows best in moist environments and that cotton underwear helps
: keep the crotch dry.

: I have known about the advice to wear cotton underwear for years, and
: this is the first time I gave it some thought. But surely, I must be
: missing something, since people who devote their life to women's health
: issues must have thought of this before. What am I missing?

is this for real? i may be missing something myself, but i don't see what
this has to do with bionet.microbiology.

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their
common sense" <Gertrude Stein>