Yeast competent frozen

Dan Baggott dbaggott at reed.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:56:52 EST 1996

Dan Gietz has a nice yeast transformation page including a protocol for
frozen competent yeast.  Haven't actually tried it though.

http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/human_genetics/gietz/Trafo.ht
ml#TRAFO

Zymo Research also makes a nice commercial kit for frozen competent
yeast.

Dan Baggott
Reed College Biology Dept.
Portland, OR