his3-200 deletion

Mark Johnston mj at SEQUENCER.WUSTL.EDU
Thu Feb 22 14:58:10 EST 1996

In article <ushinsky.4.00179312 at monod.biol.mcgill.ca>,
ushinsky at monod.biol.mcgill.ca (Sophia) wrote:

> Hello all,
> Does anybody know where the his3 delta 200 deletion begins in S. cerevisiae?
> Is the entire HIS3 open reading frame deleted and does the deletion extend
> into PET56?
> Thanks,
> Sophia

        The sequence surrounding the boundaries of the deletion is shown
below (the deleted DNA is in lower case).  I'm pretty sure this is right (I
think I got the information out of a Kevin Struhl paper in NAR ~ 1986), but
if anyone knows differently, please let me know.

upstream of HIS3--CCTTTCCCGCAATTTTCTTTTTCTattactcttggcctcctctagt................
downstream of HIS3--cgcgctttccttttttctttttGCTTTTTCTTTTTTTTTCTCTT.............

        Mark Johnston
        Department of Genetics Box 8232
        Washington University Medical School
        4566 Scott Ave.