site-directed mutagenesis

Eckhard Boles boles at
Thu Jan 4 02:44:31 EST 1996

We have recently published a rapid and highly efficient method for
PCR-based site-directed mutagenesis with ds-DNA using only one new
primer in Curr Genet (1995) 28: 197-198. It is a very easy and
effective method which works very well. However, in this paper we
describe the use of Taq-DNA polymerase. Instead, we now suggest to use a
DNA polymerase with proof-reading activity but which does not degrade the
primer (for example EUROGENTEC sells such a polymerase).

Best regards

Dr. Eckhard Boles
Institut fuer Mikrobiologie
Universitaet Duesseldorf