Wanted: Transcip'n term. signal

Dan Baggott dbaggott at reed.edu
Thu Jan 18 15:08:48 EST 1996

Does anybody have a plasmid containing a S. cerevisiae transcription
termination signal as a cloneable fragment?

I'm having problems with unwanted/unexpected expression from plasmids
via unkown promoters and was hoping that my problems would be solved by
flanking the 5'-end of my gene with a transcription termination signal.
(I've been having this problem with pRS425 [2µ] and YEplac112.  Cloning
my gene in the opposite orientation [for pRS425] didn't eliminate
expression and the only promoter on my insert is a T7.)

Thanks,

Dan Baggott
Reed College Biology Dept.
Portland, OR