Student needs help

killer yeast vvsvetlov at
Fri Jan 26 01:12:28 EST 1996

In article
<Pine.SUN.3.91.960125193851.16864B-100000 at elaine15.Stanford.EDU>,
mrbear at LELAND.STANFORD.EDU ("Rachelle M. Acuna-Narvaez") wrote:

 Does anyone
> know the optimum pH for _Saccharomyces_?  Also, does anyone know what the
> normal pH environment is like for _Saccharomyces_?
It depends. Optimal pH for X-gal conversion (= development of blue colour
on the plates) is 7.0 with phosphate buffer. For environment of wild yeast
you should consult somth. like ecology of fungi monographs. I remember
seeing smth. like that for myxomycetes.