Yeast antibodies!!

Jonathan Mazer szmazer at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 27 19:28:23 EST 1996

DSF (76042.532 at CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: I'm desperately looking for commercially available antibodies to
: ubiquitously expressed yeast proteins, for instance, anti-TATA
: Binding Protein. HELP!!
: Lynette

   I'm afraid you're out of luck. There are no known commercially
available antibodies to yeast proteins that I know about.  Your best bet
is to check the literature for a lab that will have made it's own
antibody(ies) against something similar to what you are working on or
what you need. Write or email them and ask for it. Explain, of course,
that you are not trying to copy their work with their antibody. Most labs
will be willing to help. (It will take a little more time, but it should
work.) Good Luck.

   -jsmazer at ucdavis.edu