PC Programs - Cataloging Yeast Strains

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Fri Mar 1 11:37:49 EST 1996

Dr. Kai-Uwe Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3136E4B7.718D at igmors.u-psud.fr>, gmt at igmors.u-psud.fr wrote:
>
> > Hi, yeast netters.
> >
> > Same question but for Macintosh.
> >
> > (Switiching to a PC is never an option.)  :-)

We use Filemaker Pro for all our lab collections--the scripting allows
it to be set up so that it can be used by even computer-fearful
lab members.  I understand the newest version allows full relational
 database behavior, too.

I can send our template for yeast strains using Filemaker Pro upon
request, if any one is interested.

susan, who has nothing to do with Filemaker Pro except as a happy
user.

--
S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu