LYS2 mutants

Solange S de Camargo scamargo at usp.br
Tue Mar 5 10:34:11 EST 1996

Hi colleagues,

	Some months ago I received a message from Andrei Popov explaining
how to do to get lys- mutants. I did the traditional experiment, plating on
AA and I got some mutants (thamks!). Therefore, I was curious about the
other experiment, envolving PCR. Following him I should synthetize some
primers containing overhangs of the LYS2 gene, and tranform the yeast
with the PCR product selecting against LYS2 an AA. I think I didn't
understand how I can delet the hole gene this way. Someone could give me
more details about??
	Thanks in advance.
	Solange