beta gal substrate sensitivity in two-hybrid

Eckhard Boles boles at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Mar 15 02:34:00 EST 1996

Dear Nancy,

in our recent two-hybrid study about a possible interaction of
glycolytic enzymes in yeast (Eur. J. Biochem. (1996) 236, 626-631) we
also had to solve sensitivity problems with the common substrates of
beta-galactosidase. However, we could successfully use the LumiGal
beta-galactosidase genetic reporter system from Clontech Laboratories,
which is based on a luminescent product, together with a Lumac/3M
biocounter luminometer. Maybe you should try it, The sensitivity of this
system is so high that we could even detect very weak interactions
between 6-phosphofructo-1-kinase and 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase. For more
information, please read the article.

Good luck.
Eckhard