Yeast dissection/fiber optic needle

Tomas Drgon tomasd at
Fri Mar 15 19:07:40 EST 1996

In article <v02130500ad6f1fd15e6f@[]>,
mcdonald at (John McDonald) wrote:

> Hello All,
>   I just purchased a yeast dissection microscope and need to know where I
> can get fiber optic needles.  If you know of a company, preferrably in the
> USA, that supplies these needles let me know.  Please supply the address
> and telephone number of the company.  Thanks.
> John McDonald

We use Singer needles from Britain. They are ok.

Singer Instrument Co. Ltd.,
Roadwater, Watchet
Somerset TA23 0RE, UK

phone: +44 (0) 1984640226
fax:   +44 (0) 1984641166
e-mail: yeast at

BTW, where did you get your dissection microscope, and how much it was? We
thaught to get one from Singer, but I'd like to compare.

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I am not employed by Singer.

Tomas Drgon

Vinarske zavody Pezinok pozdravuju vsetky pokrokove sily sveta!