SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at
Mon Mar 18 20:40:32 EST 1996

Kent Hill wrote:
> I have heard that several labs have succeded in producing mutant forms of
> green fluorescent protein (GFP) with greater fluorescence emission than
> wild-type.  Does anyone have any information on this, especially with
> regard to whether these mutant GFPs are available to others??
> Any info is appreciated.

A recent reference for some cool GFP stuff:

Engineering green fluorescent protein for improved brightness, longer
wavelengths, and fluorescnece resonance energy transfer.  Roger Heim
and Roger Tsien.  Current Biology (1996) 6:178-182

S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at
 "I don't speak for the Institute,
 and the Institute doesnt speak for me."