2 hybrid interactions...

Daniel Harkness harkness at bio.bu.edu
Wed Mar 20 09:29:11 EST 1996

This is a general biochemical/physiological question regarding 2 hybrid
interactions:

Does this "interaction" occur in the cytoplasm, allowing the NLS on the
(in this case) Gal4DBD to drag this complex to the nucleus.  Or does the
bait and interacting fusion localize to the nucleus separately.  I know
Gal4DBD has a a NLS but I'm uncertain about the presence of an engineered
NLS in the Gal4AD.  Conversely, I have heard other non Gal4 systems having
a NLS on both the DBD and AD.

Thanks for any responses to this question.

Dan Harkness
harkness at bio.bu.edu