Replicating yeast isolated vectors in E. coli

Kathy Baynton baynton at esbs.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Nov 6 12:05:45 EST 1996

I am currently doing biochemical analyses of plasmids transformed into
yeast and I double check these results by isolating these plasmids and
retransforming them into E. coli.  I was wondering if anyone had a
"feeling" as to whether the plasmids recovered from yeast would be
"faithfully" replicated in E. coli.  These vectors are pUC-based with a
yeast 2micron and TRP1 gene.  I have heard conflicting views, and was
wondering if anyone may have some insight into this.  ANY comments,
etc., are appreciated!!

Kathy Baynton