Production of Erythropoietin.

933467u at app_science.rgu.ac.uk 933467u at app_science.rgu.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 16:22:38 EST 1996

To anyone who can help me,

I'm a fourth year student at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen,
Scotland.  I'm desperately seeking information on the production of
recombinant Erythropoietin (AKA Epogen, EPO etc.).  I understand that
yeast can be used. I'm particularly interested in the
economic implications of using this drug.

For example can anyone tell me how much it would cost to produce a liter
of the stuff?  How much would it cost to supply a patient with it for
say, a month?

If no-one can answer my questions directly, I'd appreciate it if someone
can tell me where I might find the information.

Thanks for your time folks,  Alan Mercer.