P.pastoris information wanted

Robert Trimble trimble at wadsworth.org
Fri Nov 15 14:41:52 EST 1996

In article <ahayne1-1411961910040001 at mac16.worth2.swarthmore.edu>,
ahayne1 at cc.swarthmore.edu (Azeez Hayne) wrote:

> I have to write a research paper for my biotechnology seminar and I was
> hoping someone could point me towards references on P.pastoris.
> Specifically, I would be interested in restriction maps of its cloning
> vectors and how it responds to use in large bioreactors for industrial
> scale production of recombinant proteins.  (snip)......

Probably the best source for comprehensive info on Pichia is Phillips
Petroleum, who owns the license for commercial use of the Pichia
expression system. Their manual is available separately from the system,
and may be obtained from:

     L. V. Benningfield
     250 Patent Library Bldg.
     Phillips Petroleum Co.
     Bartlesville, OK 74004
     (918)661-1244.

The manual has pictures, vectors, and a number of reprints of articles
describing industrial applications of Pichia to biopharmaceutical
production.
To start your own literature search, try Bucholz and Gleesen (1991) Bio/Technol.
vol 9, 1067-1072."Yeast systems for the commercial production of
heterologous proteins".

R. B. Trimble