RNA for Northerns

Douglas Rhoads drhoads at MERCURY.UARK.EDU
Wed Nov 20 09:04:19 EST 1996

> To:            yeast at net.bio.net
> From:          mmm_klehnert at mednov1.auckland.ac.nz (Klaus Lehnert)
> Subject:       RNA for Northerns
> Date:          20 Nov 1996 01:40:33 GMT

> Hi there,
>
> we're looking for an easy and quick protocol to prepare S.
> cerevisiae RNA for use in Northern Blots. Anyone out there tried
>  disrupting the cells with glassbeads directly in TriZol? Any
> other protocols and suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks
> KLAUS

We use the method of Schmitt et al in NAR 18(10):3091-2 for
Acid-phenol freeze thaw.

    "They named it GOLF because all the other four letter
        words were taken."  Lee Trevino

||                  Douglas Rhoads                        ||                             ||
||drhoads at mercury.uark.edu || Dept. of Biological Sciences||
||drhoads at comp.uark.edu    || 601 Science Engineering     ||
||501-575-3251             || University of Arkansas      ||
||FAX 501-575-4010         || Fayetteville, AR 72701      ||
||      http://comp.uark.edu/~bioinfo/bisc.html           ||