South African Yeast Genetics Meeting [was: yeast meeting?]

Mike Cherry cherry at fafner.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 26 13:40:45 EST 1996

In article <27050.9611252134 at altair.herts.ac.uk>,
Cathelijne van Duren <C.M.J.Van-duren at herts.ac.uk> wrote:
>Does anyone know when the annual yeast meeting is in 1997 (in Durham?)
>
>Thanks,
>        Kate

Below is a message I received lastweek about the meeting in
Stellenbosch.

----

Dear Colleague

The XVIII International Conference on Yeast Genetics and
Molecular Biology will be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa from
March 31 - April 5,1997.  The second announcement was mailed to
all scientists listed in the Yeast Directory. We have created a
home page on the www in Stellenbosch
(http://www.sun.ac.za/local/news_eve.htm) and Stanford
(http://genome-www.stanford.edu/saccharomyces/icygmb/cygmbhf.htm).

It is with great pleasure that we can announce the names of the
following speakers who have accepted invitations to present talks
in the platform sessions:

GR FINK, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research & MIT, USA

D GALLWITZ, Max Planck Institute, Gottingen, Germany

RA YOUNG, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research & MIT, USA

M CARLSON, Columbia University, USA

A SENTENAC, Service de Biochimie et de Genetique Moleculaire,
Gif-sur-Yvette, France

M GREEN, University of Massachusetts, USA

P NOVICK, Yale University, USA

H RIEZMAN, University of Bazel, Switzerland

P PHILIPPSEN, University of Bazel, Switzerland

P SLONIMSKI, CNRS, Gif-sur-Yvette, France

RJ PLANTA, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands

B DUJON, Institute Pasteur, France

JH HEGEMANN, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen, Germany

M SNYDER, Yale University, USA

V SMITH, Genentech , USA

B HAHN-HAGERDAL, Lund University, Sweden

M VILJOEN, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa

TG COOPER, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA

K-D ENTIAN, der Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universitat, Germany

B ERREDE, University of North Carolina, USA

J THEVELEIN, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium

J-H HOFMEYR, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa

P MAGER, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands

S HOHMANN, Goteborg University, Sweden

IS PRETORIUS, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa

M YANAGIDA, Kyoto University, Japan

C NEWLON, UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, USA

J LAZOWSKA, CNRS, Gif-sur-Yvette, France

We hope to announce the names of the remaining six speakers on
the web soon.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE ACCOMMODATION FOR
DELEGATES WHO REGISTER BEFORE DECEMBER 12,1996.

We look forward to seeing you in Stellenbosch in April 1997.

Best wishes

Hennie J.J. van Vuuren
President XVIII ICYGMB
email: hjjvv at land.sun.ac.za