Biospec Mini Bead Beater8

Namjin Chung nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Nov 27 15:59:48 EST 1996

Dear Yeasers,

I found this ad in the Web and it says that this company (Biospec) has
the machine for breaking yeast cells with glass beads in up to 8
microcentrifuge vials.  It seemed to do the same job as a conventional
vortex does, but in much efficiently and in less minutes.

But I really don't have any information about this machine and company.
Does anybody have experience with this machine?  Does this machine
generate heat which could kill proteins when you do an enzyme assay?  Are
there other companies making similar products?  Basically what I want to
know is what is a reliable machine do this job.  TIA.

  Namjin Chung
  Program in Molecular Cancer Biology
  Duke University Medical Center
  E-mail: nc1 at acpub.duke.edu